FORDNEY FOUNDATION BEST OF THE BEST DANCESPORT CHALLENGE QUALIFICATIONS
The Qualifying Event must consist of the following competition requirements:
- Contain PT 1, PT 2, JR 1, JR 2, and YOUTH Age Categories.
- Complete a dance-off between PT 1 AND PT 2 of the age groups—no automatic winners without a dance-off.
- Complete a dance-off between JR 1 AND JR 2 of the age groups—no automatic winners without a dance-off.
- There is no dance off for the winners of the Youth Categories. –automatic qualifier without a dance-off.)
- Receive a letter and an Application Form for the qualifying couple.
- The chairman or official will give the winning couple of the dance-off a letter and the Application Form.
- The Application Form must be correctly completed and mailed to the following address: P. O. Box 14442, Columbus, OH 43214
- The Application Form must be mailed before the November 6th, 2017 Deadline.
- A Dance picture must be submitted with the application.
- No verbal entries will be accepted.
The Classifications include the following three Categories:
- PT 1 – 2 —no automatic winners without a dance-off.
- JR 1 – 2 —no automatic winners without a dance-off.
- YOUTH –automatic qualifier without a dance-off.)
Ohio Star Ball Finale Rules:
- Only one performance by a couple allowed at the Ohio Star Ball.
- A couples Routine must not exceed 1 minute and 30 seconds, including set-up and entry. If music exceeds it will be faded out after three (1:30) minutes.
- All music must be brought to the music director in a non-protected MP3 format on a Flash drive 40 minutes prior to performing.
- The qualifying winners of the Best of the Best Fordney Foundation are allowed to dance any style in the Best of the Best dance off and are allowed to wear costumes of their choice.
- No props are allowed. Unless apart of the dancer’s costume and not discarded.
- Two lifts are allowed but not overhead.
- Finale entrants must be an active competitor at the Ohio Star Ball.
- The overall winner of the PT, JR, and YOUTH will be invited to perform an encore dance on Friday evening.
Please Remember, you must be an active competitor at the Ohio Star Ball.
- Dance picture must be submitted with the application.
- You can qualify at many events, but you are limited to only one routine in the Finale.
Download the application:
Resources for Organizers, Teachers, Coaches:
- Best of the Best Fordney Foundation Organizer Rules
- Best of the Best Fordney Foundation Congratulatory Letter